Manufacturers of Fine Quality Canoes Since 1969
Construction > Kevlar
KEVLAR - EPOXY
- Voyageur kevlar-epoxy canoes are made of kevlar aramid fabric and epoxy
- Our extensive testing of kevlar laminates has revealed that the only
resin that can match the strength of kevlar is epoxy. All other resins fail
to equal the positive bonding properties of epoxy and this is the reason not
only are our kevlar canoes manufactured with epoxy resin, but also our
- We also incorporate an exclusive metal mesh layer within the laminate
which provides puncture resistance and kevlar foam epoxy ribs impart
rigidity to the bottom.
- Because of the hygroscopic nature of both kevlar material and epoxy
resins, great care is taken to ensure entrapped moisture is driven off prior
- All kevlar laminates are then heat-cured at elevated temperatures to
complete the polymerization process ensuring one of the strongest and
toughest canoe hull available in the industry.